Saturday, January 16, 2010

Catching UP

Dear God!!! I reallllly cannot believe that i have not posted anything on this blog in months!!! Oh wait, yes I can.....im a freakin mom, wife, fulltime goofer (aka nurses aide), AND a student nurse. Okay...so thats my excuse...I was busy so I didnt blog, lol.


Anywho, lets see, where to begin????


So, I started school aug 24, 2009 and i can genuinely say i loved my first semester. It was hard balancing everything and to be completely honest initially I put my life on hold to adjust to my school load. That included me putting my already tattered marriage on the backbunner. In hindsight that was a bad call because I really hurt my husband and a few other people close to me. Im thankful my husband loves me enough to forgive me for that VERY rough patch and still move forward with me. I lost a few friends in the process (not really because of school) and thats all good. IMHO, anybody that decides not to be my friend was kinda not really my friend to begin with. Right? Or maybe thats just what i tell myself to get over the trauma....probably so. But in the end I always have my family...and that is what matters.


But, getting back to the subject, I met some pretty awesome people in school that I hope will prove to be lifetime friends. I could name names but the list is short so the possibility of mass people being excluded are 100% guarenteed...and they know who they are anyway lol.


I made it out of the first semester with a solid B average which I cannot complain about. I am thankful that i made it and God showed me how to balance my life in the process. Life is all about balance. A complex juggling act! And Im becoming an expert juggler.




My beautiful niece was born in October. I love her so much!!! Its amazing how infants make u value life. I was a newborn, then, I was a toddler, so on and so forth. And look at me now. Im an adult full of purpose. So every child born is an adult full of purpose just waiting to happen. It makes u wanna do as much as u can to help children succeed. And I see both sides of the spectrum everyday. I work in the Pediatric ICU where I see infants and children die all of the time. Its very sad to see a purpose taken away from this world before it has ever had a chance to make itself known. Hopefully, I can use the platform of being a Nurse to make a difference.




Balancing work has been extremely difficult. I am now at the point where I stopped counting the days I wanted to quit. Not just because Im tired from school...I just get tired of attitudes. The nursing community is very clearly majority women and with women come gossip, jealousy, pettiness, immaturity, and so many different complexes!!! Sometimes i just need a vacation to regroup because being amongst all the nonsense sometimes rubs off and i dont even know who I am anymore. In addition to that, I tend to get very close to the wrong people for whatever reason. Now that people have been stripped from me (as uusal), Im content just keeping to myself now. And at the same time im bubbling with frustration. Ah...the JOYs of the contradictions in life, lol.


There have been a lot of changes in my household as well. My 17 yr old sister went back home. Both of my brothers were living with me. Now its just one of my brothers and his girlfriend and daughter that stay with me, my husband, and dinah. It often feels like "The Cosby Show." But i love my family and nothing makes me feel better than being around them. I think when it is actually just me, Velte, and Dinah one day Ill feel so odd. Or maybe Ill feel liberated...i guess ill see when (or if) that happens.


So.....now Im in my second semester that is rumored to be much tougher than last. So far Id say its just a lot more content. Not hard....challenging. And i LOVE a challenge. But, we shall see what i really feel about it as the semester progressively gets more complex. Im ready for the ride...or drive...whatever lol.


Hmmm there is probably somethings Im leaving out... Oh yea Im proud to say i have added yet another tattoo to my collection. To my husbands dismay i have a firm fixation on unique body art. But I told him I was done so imma try to stick to that...we'll see what happens lol.


Chipolte is my stress reliever. And icecream is my sanity. Thank god for a fast metabolism!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment