Friday, January 29, 2010

Preschool Jitters

Today at 11am Dinah will have her official evaluation to get into the preschool program at Princeton Schools. (Tear Tear), My baby is growing up. I'm excited that she is going into a new chapter of her life, the very beginning of her formal education. But, im also nervous about which program she will be placed into. Its no question that Dinah needs to be in a program that has special need accommodations. I just don't know to what extent they will go to accommodate her. I want her around children who are appropriate so that she can learn from them. But, i don't want her to be the only special needs child in the class. Its hard for me to imagine other kids pickin on her and staring at the pink wheelchair she will probably be in for a while. But, its inevitable. Kids will be kids.  I pray that everything me and her father have instilled in her will allow her to rise above any and all oppression. Dinah has already shown the world that she is unstoppable. Sigh...my baby is so strong. I need to take a lesson from her right about now. :-l
-Kelley 

No comments:

Post a Comment