Sunday, January 31, 2010

Im ready to RELAX and swim


I love to swim but havent in over 7 years. One thing that hinders me greatly is my hair. At the present time my hair is natural. Meaning that I do not have a relaxer in my hair to loosen the texture and keep it straight. In order to straighten my hair I usually have to go through an extremely long process of washing, detangling, blow drying, and flat ironing my hair. It normally takes me about 4 hours from start to finish. But, my hair will only stay straight if i keep water from touching it and try to avoid humidity (which is virtually impossiible). So...(drum roll please), I have decided to put a relaxer in my hair. I want to swim again without worry. I want to be able to go to the beach on a hot humid day and not end up looking like a chia pet. Im super excited to take this risk. But, if my hair falls out imma be super salty, lol. My hair grows relatively fast for my ethnic group, but Im still not trying to have to loose any.  I need your prayers that my locks make it through this event. Once I relax my hair...I can relax and swim.
-Kelley 

No comments:

Post a Comment