Monday, January 25, 2010

Giving up...not an option




Today was an epic day for me.
I sat for my very first exam of this semester and I passed...but just barely. Initially, during the review I miscalulated the points I would recieve and I seriously thought I failed. A huge part of me wanted to break down and cry like a baby. But, the deepest, truest part of me mustered the strength to take the situation in stride. I mean afterall, there are many people who didn't pass. People who studied just as hard as me if not more. And furthermore, Ive never failed a nursing exam so why would I be so close to giving up from just this occurence. That goes to show the power that the fear of failure can have on you.

So, I swallowed both my pride and a massive lump of frustration with a smile on my face...okay..maybe it was more like a snear..but its the effort that counts.


Imagine my surprise when I checked my grade online and I had indeed passed. I actually had to do a double take! Not only did I pass, but I was above the class average! Just goes to show that it is best to keep a positive attitude no matter what. You never know when things may change in your favor. :-)
-Kelley 

No comments:

Post a Comment